Watching the Olympics at the moment and right now they are replaying some track and field that happened the night before in China. It's all about Jamaica and Usain Bolt right now. I am sorry, I am open to other countries and what not but when watching an American television station during an international competition I expect to see more coverage of American athletes over our international neighbors.
Now I understand that what Usain Blot did has been amazing and that this man is by far the fastest person to run on the planet right now, and the Jamaican track runners are doing an amazing job but does that mean we need to plaster their showboating all over our TVs right now? I don't see us covering the Chinese domination of badminton or other sports that the American contestants are losing in. With only a few days left in the Olympics a lot of people will be left with Jamaican on the brain because of NBC's choice of coverage.
Maybe it's the fact that they are beating a lot of records on the track or the fact that these guys are being pretty bad sports during their wins that is driving me batty. As I type this, NBC is continuing it's lavish praise on the Jamaican team. Thanks NBC.
-edit-
Just got word the Usain Bolt will be donating a good junk of his Olympic winnings because of the flak he has been receiving due to his show boating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment