Tuesday, August 19, 2008

On Nothing

Why can't I think of anything to put here? I have two posts and already have hit a block where I think to myself, "This isn't worth a post." "Who cares about this stuff besides me?" Why do I do this? I Have plenty going on yet can't seem to get a post written up that I like.

Maybe I will just type.

I guess the major thing going on that's taking up my time is the Olympics. I really love, and hate this time of year. I love watching all the games and seeing sports that are normally left for Sunday afternoon sports. It's not often that you get to watch track and field and swimming. Yet I hate watching these and watching the Americans fail. Call me a huge homer but I can't stand it when we don't win everything. Every chance I get I see something about the judging that makes me think that the judges are out to get us. Oh well, just a few more days of the games and sadly all these "stars" will fade away until four years from now in London. Would be nice to see the horizons of USA sports spread to other sports.

Another thing that I don't like is all the damn political ads and mud slinging and, sigh, the most idiotic commercials around. I need to be able to skip by them or I think I may go nuts. I am not used to watching so much prime-time television so I am not used to the drivel that gets shoveled out there for the masses. Soon I will be able to go back to the Discovery Channel and Travel Channel and not have to deal with it. Of course then it's time to watch the news channels for my politics updates since it's almost that time.

Ugh, I think it's time for bed.

No comments: