Tuesday, August 5, 2008

On the Dark Knight

So I sit here at my computer just poking around at all things Diablo 2 and kinda letting my mind wander. As it does I start to think about the Dark Knight, which we just saw on the 25Th. I must say, it was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. I would rank this one right up there with the Lord of the Rings series, although a ranked lower then those epics.

Everything about that movie was perfect except for one thing, Bale's voice that he used for the Batman. It sounded so forced and harsh and just not natural. Batman's voice should be natural sounding, as it is Bruce Wayne's true identity with multi-billionaire his fake persona. I heard the arguments that Batman was overshadowed by Heath Ledger's amazing job as the Joker, but it really didn't seem that way to me. Both of them had equal shares of the story with a very nice touch of Harvey Dent added in there. All in all those three made a perfect trio for the movie.

Of course, you can't talk about the movie without talking about Heath Ledger. This was easily Heath Ledgers best role and he made the joker in this movie. I don't care what people say about Jack Nicholson's version of the joker, this one by Ledger was the version that all other jokers should be measured to. He hit everything that makes the Joker who he is. The Joker isn't a cartoony colorful flashy villain. He is dark, he is smart, and he is everything that Ledger made him be. The death of Heath Ledger really saddened me. I loved the movies he was in and thought he did amazing characters. A Knights Tale is one of the best movies I have seen and Ledger does a very good job being serious and funny in that movie. It will be sad to think that no more movies will be made with him in them.

No comments: